In the video game magazine i got suckered into subscribing to (Game Informer) they list the top ten most wanted songs to appear in Guitar Hero III. Here's the list.
- Stairway to Heaven - Led Zeppelin
- Master of Puppets - Metallica
- Back In Black - AC/DC
- Layla - Derek & The Dominos
- Outshined - Soundgarden
- Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
- One Armed Scissor - At the Drive-in
- Cult of Personality - Living Colour
- 12:51 - Strokes
- Venus - Television
So my thoughts are:
- I love including a Television song. It's a real unexpected pick.
- Stairway and Layla are some long-ass songs to have to slog through. You know, i might replace them with shorter songs and then make you go through Television's Marquee Moon instead.
- If you absolutely have to include a Bon Jovi song, and it's not Keyboard Hero (in which case, you do Runaway), you do You Give Love A Bad Name, which at least has that cool riff. But really, why not pick a good hair metal band - like Ratt! How about Lack of Communication?
- This list contains mostly good songs but it doesn't really... rock, you know? It needs some more songs with an oomph, and less ballady stuff like Stairway and Layla and Wanted Dead or Alive. And three arty-farty songs (At the Drive-In, Strokes, Television - all of which are good, btw) is probably too many.
- Not enough Dio.
you can never have enough Dio.