This has been sitting on a piece of paper since our big Toho Movie Marathon last year. I figured i should finally post it. This applies to all movies in the Godzilla universe(s): Showa, Heisei, and Millenium series. If you like, you can navigate the Godzilla chronology chart i tried putting together with my company's desktop org charting tool (works in IE only and it's a little wonky).
On to the game. We don't actually drink much so instead of drinking just hit yourself in the head when any of the events below occur...
- Someone thinks it's a good idea to drag a giant monster across the ocean on a raft (giant eggs count).
- Attacking planes fly directly at a monster, with no possibility of avoiding a crash even if the monster didn't swat them down.
- A submarine explodes.
- People refuse to believe in the existence of a giant monster even though they've already acknowledged that Godzilla exists.
- Teens have a dance party on a boat. Two drinks/head smacks if they get attacked by a monster during the party.
- The government is completely ineffective when faced with a corporation doing something illegal (this one may have application outside of the movies).
- A humongous lumbering monster manages to sneak up on someone. Two drinks/head smacks if it's the army and they're supposedly using radar.
- A scientist suddenly figures everything out with little-to-no information and explains it all to everyone.
- A monster suddenly grows in size just because.
- People expose themselves to major amounts of radiation with no concern.
- Everyone suddenly knows a monster's name. Two drinks/head smacks if everyone else nods appreciatively and repeats it.
- Army missiles can't seem to hit a 150+ foot monster and instead explode harmlessly around it.
- A woman falls down for no reason.
- Bad dinosaur science. You have to give a little leeway for the time period, but pretending a children's picture book is a scientific journal is always worth two drinks/smacks.
P.S. We recently watched the MST3K versions of all the Gamera movies and found that the above rules apply fairly well to them as well.
I can see why you like these movies so much